- Fen-phen: The Birth and Death of a Dangerous Diet Fad
- Eating Disorders: The Need for Emotional Nourishment
- 2014 Healthy Food Trends: Intermittent Fasting and Veganism
- Paleo Diet: Good Sense or Marketing Ploy?
- Natural hiccup cures that actually work
- Is Local Honey A Cure For Allergies?
- Raw Diet: The Feel-good Fad?
- Culinary Caviar: The real deal, the substitute, and the Faux fun stuff
- Pregnancy Diet
- What is Gout
Yearly Archives: 2013
The paleo diet focuses on natural foods that our ancestors ate over 10,000 years ago. Or does it? Some see paleo as a great diet while others see it as a marketing gimmick.Continue reading
Hiccups can be profoundly annoying, and modern Western medicine has let it fall to the bottom of the priority list. Holistic hiccup cures are safe, unusually effective and a great way to dip your toe into the pool of knowledge tended by alternative medicine practitioners and holistic healers.Continue reading
Local honey is a storied solution for allergy sufferers, but just how true is this tried-and-true folk remedy? An often overlooked study casts doubt on the conventional wisdom about local honey and allergies.Continue reading
The raw diet might appeal to those who want to lose weight, eat more naturally and help the environment. But a raw food diet can be very difficult to sustain, so strong convictions and willpower are necessities for this fad diet.Continue reading
Champagne taste on a beer budget; ready for a little culinary adventure; try making your own beer or Cointreau "caviar" or go with watermelon or mango puree. Using a molecular gastronomy technique called spherification; you can make "caviar" out of almost any liquid.Continue reading