Career in Culinary Arts
Culinary Arts careers are found in all areas of hospitality, catering, restaurant and hotel management and food and beverage administration throughout the US and the world. Culinary arts professionals are found in the following areas:
- Catering and Event Planning
- Schools/Assisted Living Facilities/Hospitals
- Culinary Arts Schools
- Bakeries/Pastry Shops
- Private Residences (Personal Chef)
Culinary Arts Career & Salary Information
A degree in nutrition and culinary arts will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in a variety of culinary and food service careers including the following:
- Therapeutic Chef
- Personal Chef
- Natural Chef
- Cooking & Meal Consultant
- Nutrition & Whole Foods Culinary Instruction
- Health Spa Chef’s & Consultants
- Health & Natural Food Retailers
The demand for chefs with specific training in nutrition and dietetics has never been higher and it continues to grow each year. As today’s population becomes more health conscious, customers are demanding healthier food that also tastes great, and they are hiring more often the chefs with the experience and skills to provide both great meals and great nutritional value. As many more people are turning to their diet and the food they eat as a means of healing themselves, chefs with nutritional and dietetic training are able to provide these clients with the nourishment to heal them, providing a very valuable service indeed.
What Are The Next Steps Toward A Rewarding Career In Culinary Arts?
- Find a degree in culinary arts located at a campus near you or online from our list of accredited online culinary arts schools.
- Research culinary arts degree and certification programs for an understanding of all necessary prerequisites and admissions requirements.
- Begin your career in culinary arts as a chef, catering director, pastry chef, food & beverage director or any number of careers across the country and around the world.