Google Site Search
Nutritionist Schools By State

Louisiana Nutritionist Certification and Licensing

*Do not assume that any schools and programs listed on this site are a path to obtaining the RD credential. For credential information on actual schools that offer programs to the RD credential, view the ADA's official website at www.eatright.org.

Maine is not all lobster and clam chowder these days. Residents are eating smarter and living healthier lifestyles than ever before. Part of the reason for this change is a new focus on nutrition and the growth in the profession of nutritionists and dietitians. Maine’s residents are turning more and more to nutrition professionals for assistance with ailments such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and especially obesity. Many of Maine’s parents are turning to nutrition professionals for help feeding and caring for their children, attempting to break the cycle of overweight and obese children turning into obese adults.

It is important the nutrition and dietetic professionals become registered and certified. This allows the public the assurance that they are getting the best treatment and information possible. The Maine Dietetic Association requires that all dietitians (RD) and dietetic technicians (DTR) working in the state complete the examination, education and registration guidelines of the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), the examining agency of the American Dietetic Association.

Maine does not require a state examination and registration. The MDA instead uses the national certification process administered by the CDR. Certification to become a registered dietitian (RD) or dietetic technician, registered (DTR) by the CDR and the MDA are as follows:

  1. Earn a four-year bachelor’s degree or higher composed of courses approved by the ADA’s Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE).
  2. Completion of a Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) accredited and supervised practice program or internship.
  3. Successfully pass the national exam administered by the CDR.
  4. Complete all continuing educational (CE) requirements to maintain certified status with the ADA and MDA.

All national certification information can be found here.

Nutritionist Schools in Maine

Refine School Matches
Hide filters
  • SUBJECT Clear All

    See More


    See More



    Please enter valid US or Canada Zip.
            Results open in new window

            Showing schools in your area

            Matching School Ads
            • Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
            • EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
            • Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
            • Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
            • Online Courses